Monday, May 11, 2009

Special Mother's Day

Being a mommy is definitley the hardest job I've ever had. It's crazy to think that sometimes I feel more confident in a classroom full of 35 sixth graders than braving the grocery store with only 2 kids! Sometimes I struggle day to day to get past all the piled up laundry, papers I should've graded a long time ago, snotty noses, and POOP....but yesterday during church I was just overcome with joy at how blessed I am by my husband and babies. All three of them are absolutely precious to me and I feel so lucky to be their mommy and wife. I am learning to let go of the list of things around the house when Camden pats the couch and says "mommy, sit down" (no way that will last much longer!!)....the dishes can wait. I'm learning to curb my frustration when Kendall wants to eat (STILL!!!!) in the middle of the night. We have the rest of our lives to sleep through the night. God is teaching me to find joy in all aspects of mommyhood...even when I don't know the best decision, I'm exhausted and feel like crying! :)

In the (almost) 2 years that I've been a mom, I've developed a new appreciation and love for my two moms! My mom and Misty are constant supports to me and I'd go crazy without their help and guidance. They are such special grandmas to my kids and we're all so lucky to have them....Happy Mother's Day Mom and Misty!

Here are some recent pics of me and the kiddos....






Just had to throw this one in for a laugh....Camden was working those heels! :)

4 comments:

Blue-Eyed Bride said...

Happy Mother's Day, Hill! Your family is so precious and your perspective on everything is so wonderful. I'll come back and read this post later when I'm struggling with middle of the night feedings!

april said...

Hill, Happy Mother's Day! You are such an amazing wife, mother, teacher, & best friend. I hope that one day I am half of the mom you are with your class & style. I love you and can't wait for our next date.

The Hodges Family said...

oh hillary...your post made me start to tear up. I totally relate to your...just want to cry moments, and then other times can't be more thankful for the blessings through the crazy mess and piles of laundry. You look beautiful by the way...you'd sure never know your sweet Kendall was keeping you up at night...I try to tell myself nights like tonight when I'm cleaning at 11:57pm that these are the times we'll miss when our kids are grown...we'll wish we were busy being with them during the day and instead our houses will be clean and we'll be missing our kids :( That sure keeps me in the moment because it goes so fast huh? I can't wait to see you guys in July...that's coming up! i love you, hillary.

Casey & Kellie said...

Happy Mother's Day! Motherhood is such an amazing thing!!

The Novaks...

Camden loves to smile, laugh, and be a busy boy. Kendall has her daddy right where she wants him!!